Welcome to- The Fountain Pen Community!

Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Achievements


Rawr.

Status: Offline
Posts: 774
Date:
Achievements
Permalink Closed


In the past two days we have acquired three new birds: a pair of sun conures on Sunday, and a Timneh African grey parrot today. All were given to us by people who could no longer care for them.

Also today I was informed that the company that has interviewed me twice since August 1st is hiring me, so I will once again be gainfully employed after 29 months of looking for work.



__________________

Mike Hungerford
http://goo.gl/dUVnUZ

DWL


***

Status: Offline
Posts: 2016
Date:
Permalink Closed

Thats fantastic bro. I'm delighted you got the job.

how about some pics of the feathered ones?

__________________

Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito
~Yield not to misfortunes, but advance all the more boldly against them



Rawr.

Status: Offline
Posts: 774
Date:
Permalink Closed

I'll take some at the first opportunity.

__________________

Mike Hungerford
http://goo.gl/dUVnUZ



Rawr.

Status: Offline
Posts: 774
Date:
Permalink Closed

I managed a few this afternoon; I'll try to get more this evening when the light is better and Demi can hopefully help.

https://picasaweb.google.com/chthulhu/NewBirds20110912?authuser=0&feat=directlink



-- Edited by Chthulhu on Tuesday 13th of September 2011 02:03:25 PM

__________________

Mike Hungerford
http://goo.gl/dUVnUZ

DWL


***

Status: Offline
Posts: 2016
Date:
Permalink Closed

Beautiful birds man.If you need to find a home for the Grey, I'll gladly volunteer! Venus has wanted a Grey for longer than I've known her.


__________________

Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito
~Yield not to misfortunes, but advance all the more boldly against them



Rawr.

Status: Offline
Posts: 774
Date:
Permalink Closed

No, she'll be staying with us. If her previous owner's situation turns around, we'd want him to have her back.

__________________

Mike Hungerford
http://goo.gl/dUVnUZ



Vintage

Status: Offline
Posts: 259
Date:
Permalink Closed

Those are very pretty birds. How old are the conures?

& congratulations on the job :)

__________________
DWL


***

Status: Offline
Posts: 2016
Date:
Permalink Closed

I fully understand.

Let me know if you happen across any Greys that wouldn't mind relocating to Missouri.


__________________

Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito
~Yield not to misfortunes, but advance all the more boldly against them



Rawr.

Status: Offline
Posts: 774
Date:
Permalink Closed

jor412 wrote:

Those are very pretty birds. How old are the conures?

& congratulations on the job :)


We don't know, Issy; the male originally belonged to a friend from whom we inherited our other two African greys when she died 15 months ago, so we don't know his history beyond that. The female is at least two years old. The friend who gave them to us needed to make her environment less noisy so she could breed Senegal parrots, and suns are notoriously loud and noisy birds. <G>

And thank you.



__________________

Mike Hungerford
http://goo.gl/dUVnUZ



Rawr.

Status: Offline
Posts: 774
Date:
Permalink Closed

DWL wrote:

I fully understand.

Let me know if you happen across any Greys that wouldn't mind relocating to Missouri.


We'll keep you in mind, but free parrots are a rarity most of the time. You might look into the parrot rescue groups; there are at least two in Missouri, though I don't know whether they're close to you.

http://www.metroanimal.org/directory/other_animals_rescue.shtml

Rescue birds are often excellent pets whose owners have died or are no longer able to care for the birds, but sometimes they can be birds with physical or emotional problems that most people wouldn't want.

Our two Congo greys are "special needs" birds: the male is blind and the female has no toes (her parents bit them off when she was a chick - usually a sign that the owner was pushing the parents to breed again before the current chicks were ready to leave them).

We took them in because no one else involved in rehoming our late friend's hundred-plus pets was interested in less-than-perfect birds, and they've been a delight to have here.



-- Edited by Chthulhu on Wednesday 14th of September 2011 08:56:47 AM

__________________

Mike Hungerford
http://goo.gl/dUVnUZ



Vintage

Status: Offline
Posts: 259
Date:
Permalink Closed

Chthulhu wrote:
DWL wrote:

I fully understand.

Let me know if you happen across any Greys that wouldn't mind relocating to Missouri.


We'll keep you in mind, but free parrots are a rarity most of the time. You might look into the parrot rescue groups; there are at least two in Missouri, though I don't know whether they're close to you.

http://www.metroanimal.org/directory/other_animals_rescue.shtml

Rescue birds are often excellent pets whose owners have died or are no longer able to care for the birds, but sometimes they can be birds with physical or emotional problems that most people wouldn't want.

Our two Congo greys are "special needs" birds: the male is blind and the female has no toes (her parents bit them off when she was a chick - usually a sign that the owner was pushing the parents to breed again before the current chicks were ready to leave them).

We took them in because no one else involved in rehoming our late friend's hundred-plus pets was interested in less-than-perfect birds, and they've been a delight to have here.



-- Edited by Chthulhu on Wednesday 14th of September 2011 08:56:47 AM


Poor bird with no toes.cry

Hundred-plus pets!confuseI only have one cat and she's already a handful.



__________________


Admin

Status: Offline
Posts: 1212
Date:
Permalink Closed

Congrats on the job Mike!!
(& your fine-feathered friends!)

Frank

__________________

"When, in the course of writing events, it becomes self-evident that all pens are not created equal" (Federalist Frank)

We sell quality, known brands at reasonable prices!!

Visit our Store Federalist Pens and Paper!  (TFPC Sponsor!)

(5% Discount for Forum Members! Use Code "FPC" at Checkout!)

Follow our discussion group(s) at www.linkedin.com!  (Fountain Pen Community/Federalist Pens)

Like Us on Facebook!-  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Federalist-Pens-and-Paper/821331454601577?fref=ts

 

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard